Tuesday, November 30, 2010

November cont;

Well I have fed the dogs and they are settled down, now I might be able to finish for November.
This is a photo of myself and Mrs Santa
We had a lot of fun. I hope She/He comes back again next year.LOL.

I had some good news from a friend. Her new book has just been published  by Harper Colins and released world wide to catch the christmas market. She is thrilled to bits and it has been well recieved in America. Just in case any one is interested it is called 'Diamond Eyes' I hope she does well with it.

Tomorrow is the first day of summer for us here. It has been a much cooler and wet spring and it predicted that it will be a wet summer with a few cyclones around, in fact the expert says that we will have at least one before the end of the year. We shall see.

I must tell you about the new dress I bought myself.
I was shopping with my youngest daughter when we found a couple of dresses. One was black and long and in my size. Very simple and I fell in love with it. It was marked at $39.00. I stood and thought about it, I really didn't need a new dress but it was lovely. In the end I gave into the temptation and took it to the cash out. Imagine my surprise when it scanned up as $10. The check out man was the owner. He said it was discounted but he hadn't had time to put the new price up. I was well pleased. I call it my christmas present to myself.

I have started a garden for myself. As I live in a unit we are not allowed to dig up the garden but I have a car prot and don't own a car so I am growing everything in pots and placeing them in the car port. Everything is growung well. I have Roma tomatoes, capisicums and crystal cucumbers with lots of herbs all coming up well and a few flowers as well, just for colour. So soon I will have a lovely salad to pick. Next week I hope to plant a few peas in a container. My friends husban has made me a sturdy stand with a cross bar top so I can hang a few flower baskets up. He really made it well and even though we had massive winds the other night and it stood up to it.
Well, I am going now, it is getting late and I need an early night.

No comments:

Post a Comment