Wednesday, May 4, 2011

The Great Ausie Morning Tea.

That is what I went to today. It is held all over Australia to raise money for Cancer Research. The one I went to was held by the CWA at Oakwood and we had a great time.
There was a speed knitting competition and a lot of women took part. The winner was an 80 year old lady and I swear, her fingers flew so fast that her needles were in danger of bursting into flames.
I also won a prize, a beautiful skein of Mohair from Wagtail Yarns of Childers, just a short drive form Bundaberg. It is a beautiful yarn, lace weight and so soft and silky, I already have a design in mind to make it into a shawl for myself, I will just have to chart it up.
Linda also took part. She was so nervous, she is not used to knitting in public and she feels she is slow but she did well and she was relived, she didn't drop a stitch.
All the ladies were so friendly and made myself and Linda welcome. We will look forward to doing it again next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment