Thursday, December 30, 2010

And the floods continue.

Well, Bundaberg is well and truely under water. All the bridges are under and many houses as well. It is a mess.
I am dry and safe but there was a time when I thought I might have to move.
This water was just 7 houses from where I live and it did get a little higher then stopped. It is now very slowly receding but we have been told it will probably take days to go completely. Then there will be one big mess to clean up.I still had power but my friend in the street behind lost hers yesterday so she came around and filled her flasks up so she could make coffee. She had a lot of cold meat and stuff still from christmas so they didn't have to cook. The power won't come back on for her until the water has left her back yard.
The funny thing was to watch Mullet jumping around in back yards, they had come up from the river.

I did manage to go shopping today with my youngest daughter Elle. She knew how to get around to the one part of town where there was a clear way to one of our shopping centres. I got a few groceries in and then I found a lovely dress in a sale so I treated myself to a birthday present. I hope I can wear it on Saturday.
I have managed to get a fair bit of knitting done and a bit of reading so I off to do some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment